Sugar Beet Days gives back to the Sterling community by sponsoring Youth Groups and other groups who benefit the community. Any eligible group may (re)apply for sponsorship this year by completing and returning this application by the deadline.
Applications should be returned to:Sugar Beet Days
804 W. Main St.
Sterling, CO 80751
- Eligible Youth Groups must be working toward projects that will benefit the youth of the community.
- Applicants must write an essay (approx. 100 words) describing the specific project the money will be used for.
- You must apply each year to be considered for sponsorhip.
- Application must be postmarked by the deadline date to be eligible.
- Recipient must provide people to help with the Sugar Beet Days Festival in September.
(Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday)
- Responsibilities will include:
- Helping in the trailer
- Assisting vendors set up and tear down boothes as needed
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Cleaning the Court House grounds
- Emptying trash from small containers to larger containers
- Moving trash to back of lot
- Cleaning restrooms in Courthouse
- Maintaining supplies in restrooms and porta potties
- Other duties as may arise
- Money will not be disbursed until November after Sugar Beet Days.